Sunday, August 28, 2011

School is in Session!!!

So I was actually watching Julie and Julia. It made me think of my own blog and how I haven't been able to blog in forever. School has started again and my life is becoming a runaway train yet again. This year I have to worry about all 400 students at once. That is right folks I have double the papers to grade and the quizzes to plan. As I get used to this new schedule I have often been overwhelmed. Normally by the end of the first week I know all of my students' names and this year I am not even close to knowing them. It is a lot of students and it is a lot to worry about all at once and sometimes I feel like the task is daunting and that my best is never going to be close to good enough. Thank heavens for good friends who pick me up and remind that all things are possible and they have my back.

I will shortly be yet again be sharing with the world, or whoever reads my blog, the stories of a School Marm and you to will laugh at what I have to share. But I would like to note a few things, firstly signs of my old self came back today. I thought it was possible that girl was lost forever but alas I have found her and it was fun to find small pieces of myself. Lastly, I was also thinking about how my favorite entries on my blog are when I share my poetry with the world. But I haven't written anything in awhile. That is one thing I can change for sure. Heaven knows my mind is constantly cluttered with thoughts and feelings, in fact sometimes I feel like I cannot contain everything I am feeling and so I know more than ever I need to get back to poetry.

Well, I am signing off for now with all these scattered thoughts in my head hopefully this entry made sense. Now, that I am back to my regularly scheduled life though and no longer on summer break I will be better about blogging.

No comments: