Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baptism!!!




This past weekend my whole family got together because our oldest niece and nephew got baptized!!! Yes, I totally hit the Jack Pot my oldest sister was the first one to have kids and she had twins that was one boy and one girl so I love being able to go through all the firsts with both genders at the same time. We had the first day of school, first piano recital, etc... And I love them. Jesselyn is my Princess. Ryan is my Knight. I love them and how they call me to talk about life. It was fun to have all my family together.
On the negative side: My grandma came to town. I have never been that close with my grandma. She has always been hard on me and has thought our family, as in my dad's kids, are spoiled elitist. She has always had a double standard and it has always been hurtful to me. Recently my grandma has been diagnosed with alzheimer's disease. I have found that my patience for her isn't as good as it should be. I had the same conversation with her on repeat for four days straight. It was always about the Jordan District Split that happened at least three years ago, what grade I teach (my mom started to keep count and I told her at least 25 times that I taught middle school at Midvale and the subject I teach was history.) That was the bummer part having to have the same conversation on a loop. Until I turned it into a game and started to see how many different ways I could answer the same question or give the same information.

No comments: