Monday, July 28, 2008

Poems

I love LOVE LOVE LOVE teaching. I couldn't imagine any profession that would make me happier. The only other thing I really want to do with my life is to be a published poet on top of being a teacher so when I had that thought I felt like. WHY NOT? What is keeping my from publishing my own stuff on my blog. So periodically I will put a poem or two up.


Memory
by
ME

Sometimes it is enough
to remember

Remember
when you knew
Remember
when you were strong
Remember
when everything was before you
Remember
when prayers were answered
Remember
when Promises were fulfilled
Remember
when you had faith
Sometimes
it is dark
Scary
You feel all alone
LOST
In those times
REMEMBER
Sometimes it is enough
TO REMEMBER


Remember Me
by me

Lord remember me
I cannot go alone
Each day I stumble
You pick me up
When lost in darkness
You bring me light
My hope rests in you
Rests in your promises
You remembered Rachel
So Lord Remember Me

Lord remember me
I cling to my faith
Prophet's promises
and a father's blessing
I trust in the atonement
While I struggle through the days
I feel lonely
Yet, I know you are with me
You remembered Rachel
Oh, Lord Remember Me


I guess the theme for today....Remembering, like Erying I believe talked about in last October's conference. We are given events so that we can build our testimony and we need to record them so that we remember. When it is hard to see the end of a trial we hang out to what we have already felt from Heavenly Father.

No comments: