Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My students are WONDERFUL!!!

So I thought that over the weekend my students would go back to being normal. You know lame excuses for why they don't have homework, not wanting to do work, and talking all the time. And it is true that is the facts of every day life except I continue to have more and more students be impressive. I had two kids say they did more research on September 11 over the weekend!!!! One watched a two hour documentary and was telling me all about. Some of the kids brought in newspapers with September 11 things in it. Others printed off articles from the internet. WOW!!!! I have never had a response like this. Even from my "smart" honors class. I think that everyone is underestimating this kids. They are my inspiration because they are fighting against a society and a faculty that deems them as dumb and unmotivated but they are SMART and they DO CARE and that is enough to win my admiration. I will stand with them and fight against the negative ideas because they are a force to be reckoned with. I have included the really good speech by President Bush because it was one of my student's favorite videos.



No comments: