Sunday, September 28, 2008

Have I peaked ALREADY

So on friday I went and visited my old school. It was one of the best afternoons in awhile. To go and see those old kids and it made me start to think. HAVE I PEAKED ALREADY?? I mean last year was AWESOME!!! The kids were the best and they still love me. They would visit me all the time I know what was going on in their life and they genuinely wanted to be around me ALL THE TIME. I go to my old school and they surround me and follow me around. All the teachers are giving me hugs the kids are talking about how much they hate all their current history teachers and they wish I was still teaching them. I have them asking for my email address and wanting me to come again. I have some of them say the only way they would do the school play is if I am directing it. On and On and On....And I felt LOVED AND SUCCESSFUL. Those kids are still my favorite and we have a special bond. So is every year bound to fail in comparison. I still love teaching but if I could go back to that school or the high school it feeds I would in a heart beat just to be around that awesome group of kids. I love them with all my heart and miss them. My current kids aren't half as cool....so I repeat is every year going to be second rate compared to last year have I had my best year of teaching so early in my career? Answers are yet to be found!

No comments: