Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happiness

So I have been thinking quite a bit lately about happiness. I have been so emotional lately. I have cried more recently than I have in pretty much my entire life. I have been all over the map and I have been so confused. But does that mean I am unhappy?

I am not sure it does to be honest. I have had great moments of happiness and I have had a feeling of confidence and self worth a lot recently. So maybe being more emotional is me actually changing and progressing from my normal status of hiding behind a wall that no one could get through. Maybe I am more in touch with myself and my emotions and am more willing to let people in all of which are a good thing. Or maybe I am unhappy?


I have had a lot of moments of unhappiness and struggle and there are a lot of things that I am not happy about right now at the same time. I used to turn to the Lord in every matter before I even thought of turning to anyone else. I would also read the Conference issues so much I could usually quote it. The last thing I used to do is I used to want to talk to every person in the ward and used to be more friendly but now I am more comfortable with the friends I have made because they are so temporary anyways. I am unhappy? Have I lost spirituality? Or am I progressing in different ways? Honestly, I am not sure.

No comments: