Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What is Love?

And it takes no time to fall in love
But it takes you years to know what love is
It takes some fears to make you trust


Recently, as seen in previous posts, I have been thinking a lot about love. When is love true love and when is friendship love something more and anything else you might think about when you think about love.

Now I haven't come to any concrete conclusions and decisions but I was struck by the truth in the lines above. It takes no time to fall in love but it does take you years to know what love is. Think about it! It is so true. I fall in love all the time and I really think that this time is going to be it. But after awhile that initial high wears off and sometimes that is it and other times you discover that there is something more.

Love is constant and kind. Love picks you up when you fall down. Love is something that is so important to have in every relationship. Love is seeing some one at their worst but to know that they are better than that so you figure them. Love is the little jokes that make you smile and laugh every time you think about it. Love is the sayings that you share. Love is laughter. Love is forgiveness. Love is support. Love is complete trust. Trust that the person is not going to hurt you or betray you. Love is what we treasure most in the world. Love takes years to be this deep and is not something that is just happens. Love is putting up with the crap because you know this isn't normal. Love is everything you dream about but isn't the romantic fantasies. Love is what you depend on when everything else proves to be fake or false.

The other thing I really like is it that it says it takes fears to trust. That is so true. Speaking as someone who has a problem trusting there is a lot of fears that are in my heart every time I am thinking about letting someone in and trusting them to not hurt me. Sometimes it is the scariest think I have ever done because I was just hurt and betrayed by yet another person. And so all those fears are something that I have to choose to be able to trust someone. But in the end when I push through my fears and I trust someone and they don't let me down it has always been worth it.

No comments: