Friday, October 10, 2008

My Seventh Period

So here is the truth. I should dislike my seventh period. I have five kids who are CONSTANTLY talking TO ME. Even when I am trying to give a lesson. Every time there is any sort of a break they start talking to each other. They are constantly talking back to me. "No Teacher, I wasn't talking." And they do all sorts of things that are my pet peeves for students to do. As a class as a whole they go so slowly and it feels like everything drags. So they should be my worse class of the day. But for some reason. THEY ARE NOT!!! They crack me up that is the class period every day I just have to laugh at or with someone. Everyday someone says something hilarious. Plus, three students in that class react so funny when they are in trouble. I have one student who is learning English that when he is in trouble he changes his face through every emotion till he hits a face that creates a reaction. He goes from sadness, embarassment, anger, defiance, and smiling all within a minute to see which one will make me go okay no more but I won't get you in trouble today. Honestly, all of his faces just make me laugh and that is why he gets out of trouble. I know, I let him get out of trouble for making me laugh but guess what TEACHERS ARE HUMAN TOO!!!! I know, I know hard to believe. Though I try to be completely fair sometimes without even knowing it I am nicer to some kids and meaner to others. I read just yesterday that Kids laugh over a 1,000 times a day and adults 4. That is just sad because I love to laugh. I love to laugh at myself and the stupid things I do and I love to laugh with friends. But I will tell you that my average is better than all other adults with 4 and it isn't because of me or my friends it is because my kids at school. They keep me young and seventh period is the period that makes me laugh the most and the most often. So Thanks y'all!

No comments: